My final results!
My middle nail is a bit of a nub status - it broke off Thursday morning at work. I decided to just deal with one shorter - with the challenge I didn't want to shorten the others and loose the extra space to work with. Once the challenge is over I will shorten the others to even it out a little - and by then the nub hopefully wont be quite as "nubby"! :)
Here is what I used!
- Base - Zoya Raven - one coat followed by one coat of Seche Vite so I didn't have to wait forever to start the sponging. (the little plate pictured - I picked a couple of these up the last time we were at the Asian Market. They are inexpensive, work well for pools for dotting, painting, and sponging, and they clean up suuuuper easy with a little acetone!)
- Nebulas - (in order of use) OPI Skull & Crossbones, The NailJunkie Daffodil, Zoya Mia, and China Glaze First Mate. These were all sponged on by dipping the torn pieces of the makeup sponge into a small pool of polish, holding it with the tweezers.
- Stars - OPI Alpine Snow - I used the small pointed tip of one of my dotting tools for the small stars (couldn't find our toothpicks at the time - next time I'll use those for sure) and then the smallest ball tip for the larger stars.
- Top - I used China Glaze Fairy Dust to add a starry sparkle to finished product.
- Top Coat - a layer of Seche Vite for shine and protection.